AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent
The AX27™ Clamshell Rooftop Tent is designed and manufactured in South Africa and brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium alloy fabrication. From The Bush Company’s first hand experience in touring/camping the AX27™ is an innovative product that sets new benchmarks in quality, practicality and reliability.
Industry leading features include an extruded & welded aluminium alloy frame, massive 1.75m (5′ 9″) max opening height, a full double layered canvas skin, a large rainfly at sides and rear, full length roof mounting rails, plus the convenience of setting up/packing down in under 90 seconds,
Whether you are looking for your first rooftop tent or upgrading your existing setup, the AX27™ Clamshell Roof Top has a number of unique features that will leave you knowing that you made the right choice. The key features of the AX27™ are below and the full details are listed in the product specification tab below. To find out why we believe this is the best roof top tent on the market watch the full AX27™ product review video.
AX27™ Clamshell Roof Top Tent – Product Specifications
- External Length: External Frame 2.25m /7′ 4.6″ (2.32m / 7′ 7″ inc hinges & handles)
- External Width: External 1.4m (4′ 7.1″), 1.45m (4′ 9″) including gas struts
- Height (exterior, closed): 278mm (10.94″) including roof rails and base extrusions
- Max Height (exterior, open): 1.75m (5′ 9″)
- Max Height (interior, headroom open): 1.7m (5′ 7″)
- Internal Mattress: Length 2.13m / 7′, Width 1.28m / 4′ 2″, Thickness 80mm / 3.15″
- Weight: Approximately 99kg (218lbs) excluding telescopic ladder
- Universal fitting kit/brackets included with tent.
- Large canvas removable one piece rainfly at rear and sides of the tent with heavy duty 8mm spring steel poles and adjustable storm straps for heavier wind conditions.
- Air vent above rear entrance with midge mesh and zipped canvas flap on inside.
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m (6′ 6.7″) long cargo rails welded to the top of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or the optional roof load bars .
- Internally reinforced roof, load rated to 200Kg (440lbs) when roof closed, or 50kg (110 lbs) when open.
- ‘Ezi-Slots’ extruded into the sides of base and top frame for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- Two layers of 310g (+/- 10%) polyester rip stop acrylic infused mould and mildew resistant canvas on body of tent.
- All three layers at entry points use YKK zippers: external canvas storm door, high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Three entry point to tent, rear, left and right side.
- Internal movable battery powered LED light (shines white, yellow or red) – note, tents ordered prior to November 2021 have a hard wired LED light.
- Two sets of electrical sockets each with twin USB, CIG Socket plug, mounted to internal roof, with resettable thermal fuse.
- External 50 amp anderson plug mounted to underside of tent at hinged end on left side for connection to vehicles power.
- 12cm (4.7″) of storage space above mattress when tent closed, so plenty of room for bedding, pillow, fishing rods, rifles etc.
- 6 storage pouches on inside of roof, 2 large pouches on each side at hinged end and convenient water bottle pockets on each side at open end.
- 80mm / 3.15″ thick mattress, split half super high density and half medium density with removable zipped canvas cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof liner.
- Telescopic 2.6m (8′ 4.3″) aluminium ladder with attachment points at rear and sides of tent, supplied in canvas storage bag.
- Two heavy duty 20mm (0.08″ high) aluminium extruded foot rails underneath tent with M8 slots on sides and base for easy mounting, set 1050mm / 41.34″ apart centre to centres joined by multiple 25mm thick sections of welded box tubing for additional strength and floor support.
- 2 Year conditional warranty.
There are a range of brackets available for fitment of accessories including:
- Heavy Duty Awning brackets for mounting awnings directly to the sides of the tent.
- Solar Panel Brackets for mounting solar panels to the roof of the tent.
- Lightbar/Spotlight Brackets
- Shovel Bracket for mounting either shovels or axes.
- Hi-Lift Jack Mount Bracket
- Fan Bracket to mount a Sirocco fan to internal roof.
- Roof Load Bars to attach to the roof rails on the tent.
- MAXTRAX Load Bar Bracket for mounting up to 4 recovery tracks on the roof
- MAXTRAX Side Mount Bracket for mounting up to 4 recovery tracks on the side of the tent
If you choose to install the rooftop tent yourself please watch our Pre-Install Assemply video. Please make sure that you have done the due-diligence on your intended install to ensure that it does not create any safety issues and ensure that you follow standard safety precautions when undertaking the install.